The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Maryland Office of Community Engagement has been established to advance the tenets of masonry through community involvement, relief, partnership, and increased awareness of issues that directly affect our community. We believe that by becoming more active and engaged in our communities, we can assist in accomplishing the Most Worshipful Grand Master’s vision of establishing Prince Hall Freemasonry as a prominent organization in Maryland while dispeling any myths or misgivings about our esteemed fraternity which is built on brotherhood, relief, and truth.
As masons, we are all bound by a duty to relieve the distressed and be of service to the community and the human race at large. Prince Hall Freemasonry seeks to advance the tenets of the craft by leading, promoting and participating in meaningful engagement initiatives through sustainable partnerships with government, community, and industry.
- To enhance state-wide community engagement and scholarship.
- To engage current and future policy-makers and keep the craft informed of government proceedings.
- To encourage collaboration between stakeholders for the betterment of the community.
- To strengthen community partnerships through active participation and reciprocity.
- To increase visibility of the MWPHGL of Maryland state-wide
- To identify our current community programs, assess their effectiveness, and make recommendations going forward.
- To create SOP’s and trainings for brothers and lodges who wish to participate in community service activities